Additional Fees

In March of this year (2018), I decided to splurge and by the wife a fruit arrangement from the Edible Arrangements store in Douglasville, Georgia. I bought a basket that came with a smiley face balloon and I also added the six pieces of chocolate coated fruit in a separate box.

In order to "surprise" my wife, I asked her to stay at home that day. I got a call on delivery day, and the driver told me she was 7 minutes out. I texted my wife and told her to hang around. I got another call from the driver who said no one was home. My wife had run a very short errand and was within a couple of minutes getting back home. I asked the driver if she could wait a very short couple of minutes (I respect people's time) and she said she would if I would call her right back. My wife called during that short time and said she would be home immediately. I called the lady back and told her she would be home within seconds - I was also going to tell her to leave it with my next door neighbor (on either side of my house - we are friends with both). She said she left and the order would have to wait until the next day. Of course, I didn't like this as it was a very expensive ($82) gift I wanted to surprise my wife with. I told my wife to call the driver and asked to meet her in town. My wife wound up having to drive over 35 miles to the store to get the order. When she got to the store they shorted her the box of dipped fruit and the balloon.

I called the corporate office, and she said all they could do was deliver it later or take the price of the dipped fruit off. I told her that wasn't a very good deal since they spoiled the surprise and the birthday -- I was left with a few slices of cantaloupe and honeydew melon with a couple of pieces of dipped fruit in a big coffee cup - I had to pay around 60 bucks for that -- it may have been worth 6-10 bucks. Corporate wouldn't help me and rushed me off the phone.

The next day I called the Douglasville store and explained my side. The lady had NO interest in hearing my side. I did raise my voice and said I was screwed. I asked if the manager would call me and the lady said he would not. I plead my case some more and she hung up. I started looking on the internet for reviews of this store and they are overwhelmingly bad. I was told they couldn't guarantee the delivery time and I felt at these exuberant prices they should and could guarantee it - especially when the product must be refrigerated.

I would tell anyone to RUN, NOT WALK from Edible Arrangements and the Douglasville store in particular. It is a total ripoff business with ZERO customer support.

Review about: Edible Arrangements Delivery Service.

Comments

I recently experienced a similar "false advertising " situation with my local edible arrangements store. I ordered the kudos arrangement which is advertised as one size, I received a much smaller arrangement and was offered a "free" 12 count box.

I paid over $100 for my order and drove 40 minutes one way for pick up. I'm definitely done with them.